Thursday, August 26, 2010

It's coming...

Can you smell it out there? Fall is coming.

The wind has a chill to it this evening, and night is already upon us. Darkness is coming quicker and quicker, the days aren't as warm and when they do warm up it doesn't last as long.

You know what that means? Sweaters!!!

This makes me very happy; I've just frogged my Heather Hoodie Vest that I knit last fall because it was too big and am going to re-knit it in a smaller size. Nice when you can say that, right? It'll still be in the same Patons' Shetland Chunky Tweed in brown, but I have to wash the yarn to straighten it out and wind it all again.

And scarves... it's time to find all my scarves and shawls, perhaps a new shawl pin - a girl needs a new accessory for fall, right? - and start thinking about fingerless gloves.

Ah fall. Soon I'll be wearing handknit socks in the oh-so-cute maryjanes that just came in the post courtesy of Beyond the Rack. Hm, I wonder if I'll be able to wear a cute beret this weekend? Can't get one's head get cold!

The only sad part? My watermelon plant and my eggplants have not quite fruited yet. The watermelon vine has a few miniscule watermelons on it and the eggplants are still just leaves. Perhaps it's good that I bought new shoes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am oh so ready for fall. Bring it! :) I have a bazillion soup recipes I want to try.